On December 20th, President Trump signed a $1.4 trillion spending package that included raising the legal purchase age of tobacco products from 18 to 21. The legislation is considered a “clean” tobacco 21 age raise that does not include other anti-tobacco provisions. PCA previously reported on 5 bills considered in Congress that would include a raise in the age of purchase for tobacco products.
- Age of Sale of Tobacco Products from 18 to 21
- I.D Checks for Tobacco Products Purchases from 27 to 30
- Sales Change is Effective Immediately
- Military Exemption was not federally adopted
- Applied to Premium Cigars & Pipe Tobago among other tobacco products
See the Notice.